2023 Educational Leader Diary
2023 Educational Leader Diary
Are you in the Educational Leader role in your ECE Service? Take the headache out of creating uniform compliance documentation with the Educational Leader Diary 2023
This diary is an indispensable tool for record-keeping and planning for compliance under the NQS. It allows you to keep note of educators and rooms' programming and curriculum and how it is tracking against your service philosophy and procedures.
Keep on top of how your team is going and help them be the best they can be.
Use this diary in conjunction with the Weekly Programming and Reflection Diaries
Are you a Nominated Supervisor? See our Nominated Supervisor Diaries 2023
Reasons it's for you
- Evidence against the NQS, regs and the law
- Helps with Quality Improvement
- Less paperwork, photocopying and filing
- All in one place
- Easy to use
Who is this diary for?
- Room Leaders
- Long Day Care
- Occasional Care
- Kindergartens (including QLD Kindergarten Program)
How the Educational Leader Diary helps with compliance
The Educational Leader Diary:
- Supports you in making decisions around the EYLF and MTOP Frameworks,
- Considers Dewey, Bronfenbrenner, and NQS in its design,
- Prompts you in the National Quality Standards that encourage physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development,
- Links with the three exceeding themes; Embedded in Service Operations, Informed by Critical Reflection, and Shaped by Meaningful Engagement with Families and Community.
- Applies the National Quality Standards, The Educational Leader Diary Covers:
- 1.1.1 Approved Learning Framework
- 1.1.2 Child-centred
- 1.1.3 Program learning opportunities
- 1.2.1 Intentional teaching
- 1.2.2 Responsive teaching and scaffolding
- 1.2.3 Child directed learning
- 1.3.1 Assessment and planning cycle
- 1.3.2 Critical reflection
- 1.3.3 Information for families
- 2.1 Health
- 2.2 Safety
- 2.2.3 Child protection
- 3.1.1 Fit for purpose
- 3.1.2 Upkeep
- 3.2.3 Environmentally responsible
- 4.1.1 Organisation of educators
- 4.1.2 Continuity of staff
- 4.2.1 Professional collaboration
- 4.2.2 Professional standards
- 5.1 Relationships between educators and children
- 5.2 Relationships between children
- 6.1.1 Engagement with the service
- 6.1.2 Parent views are respected
- 6.2.2 Access and participation
- 6.2.3 Community engagement
- 7.1.1 Service philosophy and purpose
- 7.1.2 Management systems
- 7.1.3 Roles and responsibilities
- 7.2.1 Continuous improvement
- 7.2.2 Educational leadership
- 7.2.3 Development of professionals
See our Compliance Information Factsheet (next tab) designed to support you in identifying, reflecting on, and documenting how your service operations and practices are linked to frameworks, NQS, theorists, developmental milestones, and exceeding themes.
Supporting Documentation for the Educational Leader Diary
ShippingSee Shipping Terms
Pre-order means it's at the printers and will be arriving soon (check note for estimated days). We generally process our in-stock orders within 24 hours and shipping is calculated at checkout (av. 2-3 days).
Hassle-Free ReturnsSee Returns Form
We will accept returns for any reason as long as the merchandise is in perfect resalable condition, in original packaging and the goods are returned within 60 days of purchase.
I use this diary in conjunction with the Weekly program and reflection diary. Both are excellent for covering all aspects of program and EL, particularly during A&R. Our assessor was able to review much of my work via the diaries. These diaries help in so many ways!
Hi Jody, we love to hear that our Diaries supported you through Assessment and Rating! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!
I have found the diary to be somewhat useful. However, not having a ribbon/page bookmark, it can be difficult when in a hurry to locate what page you are on. The checklist is ok, not what i was thinking for a new EL. For me as a new EL, I was hoping for clearer reflective questions to ask my team.
Hi Nicole, thank you for your review. We noted the need for a bookmark and have included one in our collection that also includes synonyms for everyday language, https://butlerdiaries.com/products/bookmark-alternative-words-to-use-in-observations. We hope this could be of help to you.
A reflective resource to support new Educational Leaders in their role is a wonderful idea. We are currently working on further reflective resources to support educators across different roles, we would love to work with you to create a resource that would support you in your new role. Please get in touch with our team at email@example.com.
It's been a great resource for organising my day/month and as a tracking tool. I liked the fact that I could buy a shorter version to suit my needs.
Hi Flavia, thank you for your review. We love to hear that you are enjoying the 6 month options.
Haven‚Äôt used it yet but my one from this year is amazing!
Hi Crystal, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We love to hear we are supporting our educators every year.
Hi Natalie, thank you. We appreciate your review!