2024 Central Outdoor Weekly Programming and Reflection Diary - Hard Cover Spiral Bound
The Most Popular Outdoor Educator Planner!
$40.00 Sold out
your money back
We have sold out of the Hard Covers, but we have some soft-cover spirals available for pre-order! PRE-ORDER HERE.
The Central Outdoor Programming Diary is designed to ensure intentional teaching does not stop when going outdoors. It is a space for all rooms to collaborate on planning a deliberate and purposeful outdoor program that values each child.
Save time checking each room's individual program by collaborating together on your shared outdoor spaces. All while simplifying your workload with this all-inclusive diary that enables quick access to weekly and future programming utilising both notes and visuals.
NEW Binding and Covers. Now offering the best of both worlds with a super sturdy hard cover and robust gold spiral binding allowing easy opening and laying flat. Colour interior and a ribbon bookmark, now makes this the ultimate outdoor educator planner!
- Captures the planning of each room collaboratively in one program,
- Allows the indoor and outdoor programs to connect and extend children's learning,
- Supports Educators in charge of setting up outdoor spaces with a clear picture of what is planned for each room,
- Enables intentional and inclusive environments for all children outdoors,
- Provides Families with easily accessible information about the outdoor program and how their children's learning is being planned for,
- Fosters children's autonomy, decision-making, and connection with Nature through purposeful boxes on Risky Play, Messy/Water Play, and Nature/Exploration.
Build collaborative partnerships as children's learning can be recorded by all staff in the outdoor environment. The Evaluation & Extension Ideas reflection space allows all staff to capture children's learning and reflect on the success and challenges of the program. Children are also encouraged to collaborate with 'Spontaneous/Children's Choice' which enables children's autonomy as they craft their own learning through their interests.
Use this diary in conjunction with the Weekly Programming and Reflection Diaries
Reasons it's for you
Who is this diary for?
- Educational Leaders & Room Leaders
- Long Day Care Educators
- Preschool Educators
- Family Day Care Educators
- Kindergarten Educators
- OSHC Educators
How to use this diary:
- One Central Outdoor Programming Diary is used for each outdoor space
- Educators in all rooms who use the outdoor space collaborate on planned experiences and learning for children that extend on their previous indoor and outdoor experiences
- The program includes;
- Fine Motor/Cognitive experiences,
- Gross Motor/ Physical experiences,
- Risky Play,
- Messy/Water Play,
- Nature Play/Exploration,
- Structured Games,
- Spontaneous/Children's Choice, and lastly
- A Blank Box to use in a way that best enables your centre's program. For example, this could be Family/Community Input, Changes to the Environment, or Observations Captured.
The CENTRAL OUTDOOR Weekly Programming and Reflection Diary:
- Supports you in making decisions around the EYLF, QKLG, and MTOP Frameworks,
- Considers Erikson, Piaget, Gardner, and Montessori in its design,
- Planning boxes prompt physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language experiences, which are also linked to milestones and Framework outcomes.
- Links with the three exceeding themes; Embedded in Service Operations, Informed by Critical Reflection, and Shaped by Meaningful Engagement with Families and Community.
- Applies the National Quality Standards, The Central Outdoor Weekly Programming and Reflection Diary Covers:
- 1.1.1 Approved Learning Framework
- 1.1.2 Child-centred
- 1.1.3 Program learning opportunities
- 1.2.1 Intentional teaching
- 1.2.2 Responsive teaching and scaffolding
- 1.2.3 Child directed learning
- 1.3.1 Assessment and planning cycle
- 1.3.3 Information for families
- 2.1.2 Health practices and procedures
- 2.1.3 Healthy lifestyle
- 2.2.2 Incident and emergency management
- 2.1.1 Wellbeing and comfort
- 3.1.1 Fit for purpose
- 3.1.2 Upkeep
- 3.2.1 Inclusive environment
- 3.2.3 Environmentally responsible
- 4.2.1 Staffing arrangements
- 4.2.2 Professional standards
- 5.2.1 Collaborative learning
- 6.1.2 Parent views are respected
- 7.2.1 Continuous improvement
See our Compliance Information Factsheet (next tab) designed to support you in identifying, reflecting on, and documenting how your service operations and practices are linked to frameworks, NQS, theorists, developmental milestones, and exceeding themes.
"We are finding this diary increases educator intentionality in programming for a variety of outdoor experiences and in observing children's choices in the outdoor environment and then intentionally following up on these for a more holistic practice."
Listen to a call with a 'Super Advocate'
Grab a cuppa and have a listen to a call with a raving fan. (13 min) Get some insights into how she has used our Weekly Programming and Reflection Diary in various ECEC settings and helped others use it to.
Others have frequently bought these as well
Add on optional description to this section
Really great learning tool for educators new to the industry simplifies and explains importance of outdoor programming and supporting outcomes.
We find the outdoor diary very handy. Everything is in one spot checklist and planning. Allows for all staff to collaborate and participate in planning.
Thank you Bronwyn, we love hearing how it helps everyone collaborate together for the best outcomes for children!
An amazing educator diary.
Out door diary is great
Diary is great
Plus the observation duplicate book is so good I brought 3 in the end.
Love the highlighter heaps too.
Thanks so much for sharing Danielle, we couldn't be happier to hear you are happy with your order!
We are finding that the Outdoor Programming Book increases educator intentionality in programming for a variety of outdoor experiences and in observing children's choices in the outdoor environment and then intentionally following up on these for a more holistic practice.
Thank you Leonie! We are so glad our Central Outdoor Weekly Programming and Reflection Diary is supporting you in developing a holistic program for children. Great to see the pictures of your Diary in use too! Thank you again for a wonderful review!