The Yoga Story Deck
The Yoga Story Deck
Welcome to The Yoga Story Deck™, an educational resource that helps children to become strong in their emotional and social wellbeing. It’s a delightful combination of the art of storytelling and the fun of movement brought to you by GOYOkids and Butler Creative Childcare Resources.
Imagine if you could make it yoga time, anytime?
We empower educators to teach children yoga, even if you’ve never done yoga before.
We’ve lovingly transformed children’s stories into yoga audio books retold with a twist, or a bend, or a balance, and always a giggle.
We’re light-hearted, full of creativity, and we add a touch of tai chi and a moment of mindfulness to every product we create to help children be focussed and in control (and maybe a bit stretchy!).
The Yoga Story Deck™ is a collection of A5 Cards containing
• Twenty yoga poses; an effective, visual and playful way to teach and learn yoga movements. Use them as flash cards, stick them up on the wall or lay them on the floor, the choice is yours.
• Three yoga games; Creative ways to incorporate yoga into your daily program using the instructions for Powerful Partners, A Me Moment and Yogi Says.
• One storytelling activity; the ultimate combination of yoga and storytelling! Use this as a refreshingly playful way to increase movement and improve literacy in children.
We believe yoga for kids is not about perfection, but rather about participation. These activities help you and the children enjoy the process of teaching and learning yoga. Be sure to have fun!
• Powerful Partners - Select any of the cards with the heart symbol and use as flash cards where two children perform that pose facing each other and working together. Partner poses strengthen cooperation, encourage teamwork, help us to connect with others and form friendships in a trusting way.
• A Me Moment - Select any of the cards with the clock symbol and offer children the opportunity to copy these poses on their own after conflict, anxiety or tension to become still, re-focus and learn self-awareness. Children focus on the sound of their own breath and try to stay in each pose for at least 1 minute.
• Yogi Says - Choose a leader and have them show a yoga pose chosen from the cards. The group should follow the pose only when the leader says “yogi says”. If the leader does not say “yogi says”, and a child moves, the leader gets to choose a challenging yoga pose for that child to try! Take turns being the leader.
The set also contains a card with the relevant NQS standards and EYLF outcomes that can be referenced when programming with the cards and activities. (as below)
We’re proud to take an active role in early childhood education with other inspiring educational leaders. Along with all professionals who work with young children we’re committed to promoting early childhood educations’ best practice, especially those aspects that involve building and nurturing relationships, curriculum implementation, as well as teaching and learning.
The Yoga Story Deck™ helps you meet early childhood learning outcomes:
National Quality Framework
QA2 Children’s health and safety
2.1 Health Each child’s health and physical activity is supported and promoted.
2.1.1 Wellbeing and comfort Each child’s wellbeing and comfort is provided for, including appropriate opportunities to meet each child’s need for sleep, rest and relaxation.
2.1.3 Healthy lifestyle Healthy eating and physical activity are promoted and appropriate for each child.
QA3 Physical Environment
3.2.2 Resources support play-based learning Resources, materials and equipment allow for multiple uses, are sufficient in number, and enable every child to engage in play-based learning.
QA5 Relationships with Children
5.2.2 Self-regulation Each child is supported to regulate their own behaviour, respond appropriately to the behaviour of others and communicate effectively to resolve conflicts.
QA6 Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
6.1 Supportive relationships with families Respectful relationships with families are developed and maintained and families are supported in their parenting role.
6.1.3 Families are supported Current information is available to families about the service and relevant community services and resources to support parenting and family wellbeing.
ShippingSee Shipping Terms
Pre-order means it's at the printers and will be arriving soon (check note for estimated days). We generally process our in-stock orders within 24 hours and shipping is calculated at checkout (av. 2-3 days).
Hassle-Free ReturnsSee Returns Form
We will accept returns for any reason as long as the merchandise is in perfect resalable condition, in original packaging and the goods are returned within 60 days of purchase.
Very happy with this set. Thank you.
You are very welcome Janice, thank you for your review.
Educators really like the yoga card. Easy to use with the children, a good resource to have.
Hi Veronica, we are so happy to hear your educators are enjoying the Yoga Story Deck!
Great easy to use , children can copy the poses easily.
Hi Terry, thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear your children are enjoying The Yoga Story Deck as part of their day.
I love the simplicity of this deck of cards designed to teach children yoga. Beautiful drawings and clear explanations. I am doing my yoga teacher training so very interested in such teaching aids.
Hi Liz, we are excited to hear our Yoga Story Deck is supporting you and your children in exploring yoga!
Very well done. Children in my care enjoy the different activities on the cards,
Hi Tracey, thank you so much! We are so happy to hear our resource is providing enriching experiences for children.